So simple this can hardly be called a recipe. However I've included it because for years I have bought the vacuum packed beetroot from the chiller section under the premise that to produce it at home would be messy and complicated. Not true! Also I promise you as well as being healthier, no unnecessary processing, additives and vacuum wrapping, they taste better too!
Recipe type: Accompaniment
- Beetroot, raw
- Preheat your oven to 375F (190C)
- Remove any stalks, leaves from the beetroot (these can be used in salads if desired)
- Peel the beetroot and wrap in tinfoil (if you are doing more than one beetroot I advise wrap separately)
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for approximately 1hr (check after 45 mins, insert a metal skewer and ensure beetroot feels tender in the centre before removing)
- Enjoy hot or cold, with maybe a teaspoon of cider vinegar.