I have just returned from a wonderful week in Mexico, great weather, great people and great food. One simple, healthy and very versatile dish is the Quesadilla. It literally takes 5 minutes, you can use any filling ingredients you fancy (have in stock!) and they're a winner with children too!
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 1 portion
- 50g grated good quality cheese
- 1 spring onions
- ¼ organic red pepper, sliced thinly
- Sprinkle of diced organic lean ham (optional)
- tsp deseeded chilli, diced finely (optional)
- 2 tortillas
- soured cream , to serve
- Mix the grated cheese, onion, red pepper and ,if using, the ham and chilli in a bowl
- Heat a dry frying pan over a high heat for approximately 1 minute or until smoking hot
- Add one of the tortillas and pour over the mixed ingredients, spread evenly over the tortilla place the other tortilla on top.
- Reduce the heat to medium and fry for ½ minutes on either side till the tortilla is crisp and browned and the cheese is fully melted.
- Carefully tip onto a chopping board/plates and slice into quarters
- Enjoy with a fresh salad and dollop of sour cream