Lemon & Ginger Mascarpone Cheesecake
A light, non-bake cheesecake that is both quick and easy and a favourite with both children and adults. Feel free to vary the flavours by using different biscuits in the base and flavours in the cheesecake topping i.e. almond macaroon biscuits and orange liqueur.
Serves: 10 slices
- 1 packet (300g) ginger biscuits
- 100g organic unsalted butter, melted
- 500g mascarpone
- 300ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds (split pod in half lengthways and run a sharp knife along the pod to remove the black seeds)
- 2 tbs raw honey
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Crush the ginger nuts in a large sandwich bag with a rolling pin or using your food processor
- Add the melted butter and combine
- Press the biscuit mix firmly into your prepared tin, using the back of a large spoon helps with this.
- Whip the double cream till you have soft peaks
- In a separate bowl cream together the marscapone cream, vanilla seeds, raw honey and lemon juice.
- Carefully fold in the whipped cream, careful not to overwork forcing the air out of the cream
- Now spoon over the biscuit base, smooth over the top and cover with clingfilm
- Refridgerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight
- Allow to come back to room temperature before serving alongside a puddle of seasonal berries