- 600g white fish fillets
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 100ml single cream
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- 30g butter
- vegetable oil, for frying
- dill sprigs, to garnish
- chop the fish fillets finely with a very sharp knife.
- Put in a mixing bowl with the spring onions, eggs, cream, herbs and lemon juice and fold together gently.
- Add the potato flour, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper and fold again.
- Heat the butter and vegetable oil together in a large frying pan. Meanwhile, shape the fish mixture into 12 small balls using a spoon and your hands. Gently place the fishcakes in the pan and fry over a medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side.