4 simple ingredients, fifteen minutes preparation, 6 fabulous puddings that will win over any dinner guest!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 free range egg yolks
- 500ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100g stevia/xylitol
- preheat oven to 150C/300F/gas mark 3
- pour cream into a heavy based pan and scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod into the cream, then add empty pod as well
- bring the area to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs and stevia/xylitol for several minutes until light and fluffy, an electric whisk is useful for this
- bring the cream back to the boiling pour over the egg mixture, whisk constantly till combined and the mixture has thickened
- Pour the mixture into a jug and fill six ramekins equally
- Place the ramekins into a large deep baking tray and pour water just boiled half way up the ramekins.
- Carefully place the tray in the central shelf of your preheated oven and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, until the custard is just set (it will still wobble when moved)
- remove for m the oven and carefully take the ramekins out of the water allow to cool.
- when your ready to serve simply preheat your girl to the highest setting and sprinkle one level tsp of stevia/xylitol over the creme brûlées before placing them under the grill for between 30 seconds to 1 minute, remove when the sugar has caramelised and turned nicely golden. This step can also be achieved with a chefs' blow torch.
- serve with a puddle of fresh berries.