Coconut Chicken Curry
A quick, comforting curry perfect Sunday supper!
Recipe type: Main
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece root ginger, grated
- 750g lean boneless chicken breasts, cut into 4cm pieces
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g block coconut, grated
- 150ml coconut milk/cream
- 150ml good quality/homemade vegetable/chicken stock
- 2tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan, gently fry the onion, garlic and ginger for 5 mins to soften but not brown.
- Add the chicken, ground coriander, cinnamon and cook, stirring, for 10 mins until lightly browned all over.
- Mix in the coconut then add the coconut milk/cream. 150ml water to just cover the chicken. Simmer gently for about 15 mins until tender and cooked through. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with rice and a cucumber, tomato and onion salad.