A quick, colourful, creative dish a little prep, which can be done in advance, and then 5 minutes cooking before you're ready to eat. This makes fajitas ideal for dinner parties as well as last minute family meals. Substitute the chicken for strips of steak, lamb, pork, prawns or vegetables.
Recipe type: Mains
Serves: 6 people
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 skinless, boneless organic chicken breasts, diced or cut into thin strips
- 1tbs fajita seasoning (see my recipe)
- 2 limes juice and zest
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- To serve:-
- 6 large tortillas , warmed in a hot oven for 3-5mins
- Lime Sour Cream Dip: Combine:-
- 150 ml good quality fat-free natural yoghurt
- ½ lime zest and juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Iceberg lettuce - shredded
- Salsa (see my recipe)
- Guacamole (see my recipe)
- 150 g Cheddar cheese
- Tabasco - to taste
- Slice finely the peppers and onion, I use the slicing adaptor on my food processor to speed up this stage.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the fajita seasoning, lime juice, zest, olive oil and minced garlic.
- Stir in the chicken and sliced vegetables, cover with cling film and marinade of up to 24hrs, ideally at least 1hr.
- Heat a frying pan and add the marinated ingredients, flash fry until the meat is cooked through.
- Pour contents into a warmed dish and place on your dining table with the warm tortillas, lime sour cream dip, salsa, guacamole, shredded iceberg lettuce and tabasco.