Banh Mi Salmon
This Vietnamese fish dish works equally well with most fish and meats including chicken, pork and lamb.
Recipe type: Mains
- 1kg salmon side skin on and boneless
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 gloves garlic
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- juice and rind 1 lime
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Make the marinade. Put all ingredients except salmon and coconut oil in a food processor and whizz up till you have a coarse paste.
- Place the salmon skin side down on a shallow dish and smother with the marinade
- Cover and leave in the fridge for a minimum 30 mins or overnight
- Put the coconut oil in a roasting tray and place in preheated 400F/200C oven
- Once the oil has melted , approx 1 min, place the salmon skinned down in the tray and roast for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with quarters of limes and steaming hot basmati rice.
This dish is quite spicy if you want to contrast the kick make a quick and easy lime cream dip. Simply add the zest and juice of a lime to a small tub (170ml) of sour cream, season with maldon sea salt, ground black pepper and a tbsp of chopped chives.