Balsamic Roasted Baby Tomatoes
When you discover a box of tomatoes at the back of your vegetable drawer and they're not fresh enough to use raw this is an easy way to bring them back to life and pep up many a meal.
Recipe type: Accompaniment
Serves: 4 people
- Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- Drizzle balsamic glaze
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C
- Put coconut oil on a non stick baking tray and place in pre-heated oven for 30secs-1min to melt
- Place tomatoes, vines and all, on tray and return to oven, top tray
- After 15 mins carefully remove tray and drizzle tomatoes with the balsamic glaze and chilli flakes
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and the balsamic glaze has formed a treacle coloured glaze.
- Serve straight from oven or at room temperature
Really any tomatoes will work in this recipe, though the bigger the tomatoes the longer they will need to roast so please adjust cooking time accordingly.