Omelettes are so versatile you can literally make them with as many or few ingredients as you like! If you are really keen on egg white omelette you can make this recipe purely with egg whites, I recommend a minimum of 6 to make a decent sized omelette.
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 1 person
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 50g grated cheese, your preference
- Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
- Optional extras:-
- ½ a small red onion,grated
- handful of organic spinach leaves
- Whisk the egg whites and yolks in a bowl and season
- Heat a non-stick heavy boomed frying pan/omelette pan over a high flame and add ½ tbsp of coconut oil
- Pour in the egg batter and reduce the heat to medium
- Allow the omelette to cook for approximately 1 min, then sprinkle the cheese, and any other choose toppings, evenly over the omelette.
- Transfer to a pre-heated grill (broil) and grill the topside of the omelette for approximately 1 minute, until the omelette has set and the cheese is bubbling.
- Turn out onto a warmed serving plate.