Wild Salmon Thai Fishcakes with Mango Salsa
Lovely light summer starter or suitable for a main course served with brown rice and salad. You can make these up to a day ahead of schedule, once you've moulded the fishcake patties wrap with clingfilm and refrigerate until required.
Recipe type: Starter/Mains
Serves: 12 fishcakes
- Thai Fishcakes
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, roughly crushed
- ⅘ skinless fillets of wild salmon (approx 750g)
- 2 knobs fresh root ginger, peeled
- 1-2 red chillies, (remove seeds if you don't like too much heat, halve
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer layer removed and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- Large handful of fresh coriander inc stems
- juice and rind of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Mango Salsa:
- 2 ripe mangos, diced
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup fresh coriander , chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 large lime, juiced (about ¼ cup lime juice)
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C
- Heat 1tbs coconut oil in a frying pan and toast the coriander seeds for 1 -2 mins.
- Put all ingredients, including the toasted seeds, except the salmon into a blender and whizz till you have a coarse paste
- Add the diced salmon and whizz briefly to combine
- Using two soup spoons or your hands mould into golf ball sized patties.
- Heat the remaining 2tbs coconut oil in a shallow frying pan.
- Once hot brown the fish cakes on either side before transferring to the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, till cooked through.
- Serve with lime cheeks, asian salad and a sweet mango salsa