Sesame Prawn Toast
I bake these prawn toasts partly because it's a lot healthier and less greasy that the fried variety but also because its far less labour intensive when you have guests over.
Recipe type: Canape
Serves: 40 triangles
- 450g (14½ oz) raw peeled prawns
- ½ x 225g tin water chestnuts
- 1 egg white
- ½ bunch spring onions
- 2 tbsp grated root ginger
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp xylitol
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- For the toast
- 10 thin slices of bread crustless (stale is fine)
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- Place all topping ingredients in a food processor and whizz up till you have a coarse paste (approx 1 min)
- Place bread on baking tray, toast on one side then turn
- Retaining the square shape of each slice of bread cut each slice into 4 triangles and spread liberally with the prawn paste.
- Douse generously with sesame seeds
- Place in a preeated oven 475F (240C) FOR 10 MINUTES
- serve immediately with a bowl of soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce for dipping.