This works equally with chicken kebabs just thread diced chicken onto soaked wooden skewers and marinade in the satay sauce for up to 24hrs before barbecuing or grilling under a high heat for 3-4 mins on each side.
Recipe type: Mains
Serves: 8 pieces
- 300g fresh coriander, inc stalks
- 11/2 fresh red chillies, seeds optional
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 6 heaped teaspoons organic peanut butter, no palm oil
- 2 tbsp organic tamari soya sauce
- large piece of fresh ginger, approx 5cms
- 4 limes, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken wings, skin on
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Place all ingredients except chicken in a blender and whizz till you have a coarse paste
- Pour into a shallow dish and add the chicken wings turning to ensure all the meat is covered.
- If marinading, cover and refridgerate until needed or for up to 24hrs
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake in your preheated oven for 35-40mins or until juices run clear and marinade has darkened.
- Serve hot or at room temperature. Perfect with a bowl of noodles and my asian salad.