A really quick recipe for a healthy, versatile Italian classic. Not only does this work well folded through pasta, rice, quinoa etc I use it to marinade fish, chicken and to add to a whole multitude of salads and salad dressings
Recipe type: Sauce/Dressing
- 2 organic garlic cloves
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 100g fresh basil, including the stalks
- 50g pine nuts , very lightly toasted
- 50g Parmesan cheese , freshly grated
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor combine briefly until you have a coarse paste, add more virgin olive oil if it is too coarse.
- Will keep for up to one week refridgerated
Add half a chilli if you want a spicy version.