A lovely sauce to accompany steak.
Serves: 6 people
- 3 shallots, finely sliced (use small onions if shallots are unavailable)
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbs peppercorns, bashed up in a pestle and mortar
- 60ml brandy (optional)
- 3 minced cloves garlic
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- splash worcester sauce
- 200ml double/single cream
- 100ml beef stock (organic cube/homemade)
- Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan on a medium heat
- Add the coconut oiled once melted add the sliced shallots and garlic.
- Add 4-6 tbs water and steam fry till the water has evaporated and the shallots have softened and turned lightly brown
- If using add the brandy keep the heat high till the brandy has reduced by half, lower the heat to a low flame.
- Add the peppercorns, worcester sauce and mustard, stir.
- Add the cream stirring constantly till fully combined then gently add the stock till fully incorporated
- Pour into a gravy boat and use immediately