Leggera Superfood Salad
My daughters persuaded me to dine in a popular pizzeria chain recently, I opted for their 'healthy option salad'. I could not have been more pleasantly surprised at what I received! A plate of rainbow loveliness, fresh, brimming with goodness and genuinely delicious, even my daughters thought so! I quickly noted the ingredients and eh voila here is my version.
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 1 or 6 persons
- NB The quantities in brackets are for a 6 person serving
- 1 good handful (1 bag)salad leaves
- 1 good handful (1 small bag) baby spinach
- ¼ (1 whole)cucumber, sliced
- ½ avocado (3 avocados) , chopped
- 1 tsp (100g) lentils , cooked
- 50g (300g) mozzarella , torn/goats cheese cubed
- 60g (350g) butternut squash , roasted
- 50g (300g) beetroot , cooked and sliced
- 2 (12) radish, finely sliced
- 1 pinch (50g) fresh basil leaves
- 1 drizzle (large glug)balsamic glaze
- 1 drizzle (large plug) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (6 tbsp) pine kernels
- Start by laying the plate with the salad leaves and baby spinach. Sprinkle on the cucumber, chopped avocado, lentils and then toss in the torn mozzarella/goats cheese, butternut squash, beetroot and radish.
- Finally, top with the basil leaves and pine kernels and drizzle on the balsamic glaze and extra virgin olive oil.
NB The quantities in brackets are for a 6 person serving