A festive bake that everyone in my household loves. The smell of these little trees baking is heavenly and they really aren't a guilty pleasure, just try stopping at two or three!
Recipe type: Cakes & Bakes
- 350g (12oz) wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g (41/2oz) organic butter, diced
- 150g xylitol/stevia
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- 1 free range egg, beaten
- icing and raisins for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- Line several large baking trays with baking parchment.
- Place the flour,ginger, bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl and stir briefly with a wooden spoon.
- Rub in the butter till it resembles breadcrumbs the and the xylitol/stevia
- Stir in the honey and beaten egg and then tip onto a floured surface and knead till you have a smooth dough
- Roll out to a thickness of 5-7mm and using your preferred cutters cut out the shapes transferring them to your pre-lined baking sheets.
- Re-roll the leftover dough and repeat until all the dough is used
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden
- Allow to cool before decorating with the icing and raisins.