Daim Bar Cheesecake
OK So I've smuggled in some refined sugars by way of the Daim bars, and you can make this cheesecake just as successfully with there omission, but to complete my love affair with Swedish food,and to end a swedish dinner party I recently hosted, I added them.
Recipe type: Desserts/Cakes
Serves: 10 slices
- Cheesecake base:-
- 125g oat biscuits (homemade or good quality)
- 125g ginger biscuit (homemade or good quality)
- 80g organic butter, melted
- Cheesecake topping:-
- 510g mascarpone
- 125g xylitol/stevia/natural icing sugar
- 375ml double cream
- 3 Daim bars, grated/blitzed in a food processor
- For the base
- Crush the ginger and oat biscuits in a large sandwich bag with a rolling pin or using your food processor
- Add the melted butter and combine
- Press the biscuit mix firmly into your prepared tin, using the back of a large spoon helps with this.
- Whip the double cream till you have soft peaks, don't over whip.
- In a separate bowl lightly whip the mascarpone and xylitol/stevia/icing sugar.
- Carefully fold in the whipped cream, careful not to overwork forcing the air out of the cream
- Finally fold in the grated Daim chocolate
- Now spoon over the biscuit base, smooth over the top and cover with clingfilm
- Refridgerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight
- Allow to come back to room temperature before serving alongside a puddle of single cream or good quality vanilla ice cream.