This is a Marks & Spencers recipe that I liked the look of as it's less creamy and more colourful than most coleslaws. Try it with BBQ chicken wings, pulled pork or even in sandwiches. Perfect accompaniment to most summer meals.
Recipe type: Salads
- 1 carrot
- 50g radishes
- 100g white cabbage
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 red onion
- 12.5g fresh chives
- 12.5g fresh parsley
- 6tbsp organic natural/plain yoghurt
- 4tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 0.5tbsp xylitol (sugar substitute)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Using a mandolin or julienne stripper ribbon the carrots
- If you have a food processor using the slicing accessory, if not using a sharp knife, slice finely the radishes, white cabbage, fennel bulb and red onion.
- Finely chop the fresh chive and parsley
- Combine all the above ingredients along with the garlic cloves in a large bowl
- Mix together the yoghurt, mustard, white wine vinegar, sugar and garlic season to taste with Maldon sea salt and fresh ground/cracked pepper.
- Mix well with the vegetables and serve.