Chocolate Dipped Cherriberries
When you just want a little something sweet at the end of a heavy meal, or you're trying to be good this is the perfect dessert to serve. Feel free to experiment with different flavoured chocolate just try and keep the cocoa content high, 70% and above. Equally there are oodles of brilliant toppings why not experiment with organic high cocoa white chocolate and desiccated coconut or 80% dark chocolate and candied lemon peel.
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 people
- X1 punnet cherries, stoned (see notes)
- x1 punnet strawberries, washed
- x1 100g bar organic dark chocolate with ginger
- x1 100g bar organic milk chocolate
- 50g crushed pistachios
- 50g crushed almonds
- 50g sugar strands
- Break the chocolate into two heat resistant bowls
- Place each over slightly smaller saucepans part filled with water and heat gently till the chocolate has melted. NB The water in the saucepans should not touch the bowls.
- Once melted remove the bowls from the saucepans and place in easy reach of your prepared fruit, chopped nuts and sprinkles.
- Now the fun bit! Starting with the cherries, take each by the stalk and individually dunk generously into the melted dark chocolate with ginger before placing on a baking sheet lined with non-stick paper.
- Then dip the strawberries this time once dipped in the milk chocolate, dip a third in the chopped hazelnut, a third in the chopped pistachios and the last third in the sprinkles. Again place on a baking sheet lined with non-stick paper.
- Allow to set, approximately 1 hour before carefully removing from the paper and displaying proudly on a large platter.
- Best served at room temperature.