Tandoori Chicken Thighs
Great for family gatherings, bbs, picnics, buffets. Equally delicious hot or cold also works well as kebabs, just replace the chicken thighs with diced chicken breast and sew the chicken onto skewers before marinading.
Recipe type: Mains
Serves: 8-10 portions
- 8-10 organic free range chicken thighs (skin on)
- 2 tbsp thick yoghurt/ Greek yoghurt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1” piece ginger peeled
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- ½ tsp chilli powder (or a little more if you’d like it spicy)
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Pinch cinnamon powder
- Pinch of saffron crushed
- Sea Salt to taste
- Juice of a lemon
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken thighs ensuring all sides are coated in the marinade, marinade for a minimum of 2hrs or overnight
- Roast in a 375f/190c for 30-40mins (dependant on the size of your chicken thighs) until juices run clear, alternatively grill/BBQ for 20/25 minutes turning half way through cooking time.
- Serve warm or cold with cheeks of lemon and my chunky mint raita.