For my sins after a week away I am starting a 10 day cleanse! Having researched my sin-free list of foods I'm going to be doing lots of experimenting with new dishes. I'll post my successes and save you from the not so tasty. Here's my first, a gorgeous creamy dall 100% healthy and delicious. I served it with roasted wild salmon and steamed broccoli florets with a squeeze of lemon.
Recipe type: Accompaniment
Serves: 4-6 people
- 250g yellow split peas
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 1 thumb sized fresh ginger grated/chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 25g coriander
- Rinse the yellow split beans 3-4 times in cold water
- Leave to soak in cold water for 30 mins
- Drain the peas and place in a large saucepan cover with cold water and bring to the boil
- Boil for 10 minutes and then add the remaining ingredients except the coriander
- Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes, until the peas are tender adding water if necessary to ensure the peas do not cook dry
- Place in a blender with the coriander and whizz up for 30second to a minute.
- Place in a serving dish and serve immediately.