This is a lovely earthy hummus great as a canapé alongside crudités, my spicy roasted Chantenay carrots (see recipe) or try it with baked goats cheese.
Recipe type: Canape
Serves: 6-8 people
- 4 large raw beetroots (alternative pre-cooked organic beetroot)
- 400g tin chickpeas
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 75g tahini paste
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 11/2 tsp sea salt
- 100ml ice cold water
- scant teaspoon paprikaorange zest,lie zest or chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- lime wedges, to serve
- Roast the beetroots (see my recipe)
- Place the roasted beetroot in a food processor and blitz
- Add all the other hummus ingredients and blend till you have a smooth paste.
- Taste and if necessary add a little more sea salt.
- Spoon into a serving bowl garnish
- Serve with crudités or try my spicy roasted Chantenay carrots (see recipe).