This easy barbecue marinade works equally well on chicken breasts, thighs, spatchcocked chicken just keep the skin on to retain the moisture in the meat. PS Try with my coleslaw and carrot quinoa.
Recipe type: Mains
Serves: 8 pieces
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- 4 tbsp (150ml) organic tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp (150ml) organic tamari soya sauce
- 4 tbsp (150ml) organic balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp (150ml) good quality honey
- 1 tbsp Marmite (or healthy brewer paste equivalent)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- If using the oven, preheat to 350F/160C
- Place a large bowl on your scales and add all the ingredient except the chicken.
- Stir to combine then add the chicken thighs.
- At this stage you can marinade for up to 24 hours covered in a fridge or if in a rush use straight away.
- When ready to use transfer to a baking tray and roast for 35 mins till the juices run clear and the glaze is dark and sticky.
- Finish with a sprinkle of rosemary salt.