Dense, moist, packed with healthy goodies that give you your sugar hit and fill you up, what more do want!
Recipe type: Cakes & Bakes
Serves: 8 slices
- 120g (1 cup) rice/quinoa flour (see notes)
- 120g (1 cup) ground almonds
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 60g (1/4cup) organic butter (melted/room temperature)
- 2 tbs greek yoghurt/plain yogurt
- 135g (3/4 cup) organic maple syrup/raw honey
- 2 eggs, beaten (room temperature)
- 3 or 4 (3 cups) overripe bananas mashed
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1 handful of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Grease & line a 9x5 inch loaf tin
- Sift the flour and bicarb of soda into a large mixing bowl add the ground almonds and spices
- In a separate bowl combine the butter, yoghurt, maple syrup/raw honey, eggs and mashed banana
- Add this mix to the dry ingredients and carefully fold in
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf tin and bake in your preheated oven for 50-60 mins (check after 45 mins) remove when a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving.