A few cheats for days when you frankly don't have the time or inclination! You can bag pre-bagged beetroot salads from most supermarket chiller sections, make the salad dressing in larger quantities and store in air-tight jar in your fridge for up to 3 months. Buy frozen aduki and edamame beans, defrost and bring to room temperature before using.
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 4-6 people
- 1 bag lambs lettuce
- 50g baby spinach
- 50g chard (red leaves if possible)
- 1 cooked beetroot, cooled and grated
- 100g Adzuki Beans, cooked and cooled
- 50g Edamame Beans, cooked and cooled
- ½ Red Pepper, diced finely
- ½ Green Pepper, diced finely
- 4 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp Xylitol
- 10g Coriander
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt, pinch
- 1 thumb sized piece of Fresh Ginger
- 1 Lemon Grass, outer skin removed
- 1 tsp Red Chilli flakes or ½ red chilli (seeds optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper & Sea Salt to taste
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and whizz, season to taste.
- Place the salad leaves in a serving bowl sprinkle with the beans and grated beetroot.
- Just before serving pour over the dressing.