This dish is very versatile allowing you to choose different herbs/spices to adapt to both palette,seasons or what you have in! To accommodate children you can omit the spices/herbs from the flour/breadcrumbs build your plain escaroles first then add your seasonings to the flour/breadcrumbs and build the rest.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 125g/4oz plain flour (ideally spelt flour)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (see my recipe)
- Malden sea salt and black pepper
- 3 free range eggs, beaten
- 6 slices bread (stale is fine)
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 1 handful of coriander
- Select 3 shallow bowls minimum width to accommodate your chicken breasts
- Put bread and coriander in a food processor and whizz till breadcrumbs
- Combine flour and seasoning in one bowl
- Beat eggs in second bowl
- Combine breadcrumbs with lemon rind in last bowl
- Now comes the fun part! Roll up your sleeves and prepare to get a little messy..
- Using your left hand dip a chicken breast in the flour mix then the beaten egg
- Now using your right hand roll in the breadcrumbs and place on a nonstick baking tray
- NB I recommend you use separate hands to prevent breaded fingers!
- Continue till you have breaded each chicken breast
- Bake in a preheated oven 400F/200C for 18-20 minutes